I called this a mix-box cereal because is an instant meal. I develop this recipe when my second baby was 1 year. She couldn’t chew on granola so I made her version and she loved it. over the years, I have shared the recipe with some mama friends and they loved.
I make this as a gift to little tummy’s sometimes and the review always makes me happy.
If you are a working mama you will like this baby granola. All you need is warm water and baby formula or breastmilk to make the food. This baby granola is suitable from 9 months and make sure you have tested your baby for nuts allergy before using it in this recipe.
You can make it in the oven or on the stove. This recipe is made on the stove, you can check HERE to know how to make it in the oven.
Let’s get started!!!
2 cups of rolled oat or porridge oat
1/4 cup seeds (i used sunflower and pumpkin seed)
1/4 cup roasted cashew nut or any nut of choice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoon cup oil or melted butter
1. Heat a pan and add little water and dates. Let it cook until it becomes puree and no traces of water
2. Put it aside to cool.
3. Heat a frypan, roast oat and seed until golden brown or easy to break.
4. Transfer it to a bowl and add other ingredients with the date puree.
5. Mix all ingredient together and transfer back to the frypan. Roast for 7 minutes or until dry and crunchy.
6. Blend it with a grinder/spice grinder or food processor until you get a powder consistency.