I have never seen a kid that does not like puff puff, have you?
My yeast-free puff puff was three years last month and I think its time I share it with you. I must confess, I love quick-fix recipes, one of the reasons I started developing recipe as a mum. Apart from sharing healthy recipes with mamas’ i really want to make it as easy as possible because I know a lot of mums need a quick-fix meal and snack.
I made a veggie-puff for complain milk competition three years ago, the feedback was so impressing, I will be sharing that soon.
Meanwhile, enjoy this yummy yeast-free puff puff with your adorable.
NOTE: You can use water, milk, and yoghurt in this recipe:
- if you are using water add 11/2 or 2 tablespoons of milk powder.
- If you are using milk stick to the original ingredients.
- If are using yoghurt, use 200ml cup of yoghurt with 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup water if need be.
I will love your feedback if you try this recipe.
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
11/2 teaspoon spice (i used ginger, clove, cinnamon and cardamom)
1 cup milk
Oil for frying
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Mix very well until lump-free.
- Let the batter rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil on medium temperature.
- Test the oil by dropping a small batter in the oil if bubbles the oil is ready.
- Fry your puff puff until brown.