Today, am sharing an easy basic cupcake.
This cupcake is sugar-free but you can own the recipe by adding sugar or any sweetener of choice. I like adding veggie or fruit puree to treats like this to make it nutrient-dense. Is another way of getting veggies and fruit into their diet. You can check HERE to get the cupcake recipe that uses sugar
I use a spatula to mix this cake which makes it NO MIXER cake. The tip is to make the butter-soft before mixing and if you are using sugar grind the sugar to powder or use already made powder sugar.
For more details of this recipe watch the video of how I make it on youtube. Click the link below to watch.
4 tablespoons soft butter
3 tablespoon milk
1 tsp vanilla essences
4 tablespoons honey/sugar/date sugar/maple syrup
1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup cream cheese or butter
4 tablespoons powder sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liner
- Cream butter until light cream
- Add honey and mix together. Set aside and separate the egg yolk from the white, add the yolk and to the butter and mix. Add milk. Set aside
- Whisk egg white. Add the spice and salt to the flour.
- Gradually add egg white and flour to the butter mixture. Mix well to incorporate.
- Add baking powder and mix
- Scoop into the cupcake liner.
- Bake for 15-20. insert knife or toothpick, if it comes dry then is ready if not bake it for more time.
Mix the two ingredients together.
Pour into icing bag and pipe with desired Nussle or use a spatula to spread the icing on the cake.