Today I want to share my lactation cookies with you, this is also kid approved. I packed it in the school lunch box and my son share it with his friend, his friend ask him to bring more next time for you to know how delish this cookie is.
The first day I made this cookie I was so excited about the outcome because it’s so delicious but was too dry so I adjust the recipes and it is perfect. As a breastfeeding mum, having something to snack on is very important and producing milk every day we need something to fuel it.
Oatmeal is a good source of producing healthy milk so, is one of the major ingredients in this recipe. For lactation, I have used herbs like fennel, cinnamon, cardamom and fenugreek but I don’t like fenugreek because of is bitter taste. All these herbs in small quantity
Another great ingredient in this recipe is brewer yeast don’t sweat over it if you don’t have or can not get it oatmeal is ok for the job.
I will advise you to share the cookie with your kids because of the nutrition. Also, share the recipe with your mama friends.
Do you have any lactation food you will like to share with me? let me know in the comment box
2 cups oats
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2oog butter or less like 150g or 1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey or date syrup
1 1/2 cup chopped nut
- preheat oven to 150 degrees and line baking tray with parchment paper
- Whisk together flour, oat, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and baking powder. Set aside
- Beat butter and honey until fluffy or melt butter and honey if you don’t have a mixer. let it cool if you are melting
- Add egg and mix until it incorporates
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet
- Gently fold in the nut and seeds. start forming balls and drop on the lined baking tray
- Wet your hand with oil and press the ball down to form a flat shape because the cookie is not going to spread
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown. keep an eye on it to avoid burning