The store bought sauce of any kind has loads of sugar, preservatives and cost more than homemade. Hiding veggies my kids don’t like in sauce like this is a win-win for a mama like me.
I use this sauce in different dishes like pasta, rice, egg, as pizza sauce and sometimes as a dip but my kids don’t really like it as kids. My husband is not a veggie person but I have managed to sneak a veggie into his smoothie and sauce like this.
Apart from being very easy to make, this sauce can store for a long period of time if am going to store it for long I always add vinegar. Using a clean dry spoon or wooden spoon any time I need it to make last and mucus free.
lovers, don’t forget to share this recipe with your loved ones, like and drop a comment.
Let’s be friends on social media @kiddiesplate
1 red capsicum (tatashe)
4 medium tomatoes
4-5 clove of garlic
1 habanero (rodo)
1 tablespoon mix spice
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 chilli (shombo) optional
1 1/2 carrot
4-5 cauliflower floret
1/2 cup sweet corn
2-3 tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 cup or more water
salt to taste
- Deseed habanero, chilli, and capsicum
- Cut onion, ginger, capsicum, tomato and chilli into a medium piece
- Put the peppers, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and onion in the steamer basket or add water and boil for 20 minutes or until soft
- Let it cool down add the spice, salt, tomato paste and blend until smooth or blend with hand blender.
- Clean the veggie with a paper towel
- Place all into a baking tray or dish, add the spice, salt and 2 tablespoons of oil
- Mix all together and roast for 20 minutes on 180 degrees
- Let it cool down and follow the next step.