This muffin is 100% refined sugar-free and made with whole wheat flour so, you can say it’s healthy. We like to eat muffins as breakfast paired with yogurt and fruits; or just muffins and tea. It makes a perfect school lunch meal or snack. If you are struggling with getting your kids to eat breakfast or looking into offering less cereal for breakfast this muffin is your plug.
What makes this muffin healthy are the ingredients I used. I used pantry staple ingredients however if you don’t have some of the ingredients I will leave some substitute options below.
- Whole wheat flour/ you can substitute with all-purpose flour (white flour)
- Date paste/ you can substitute with sugar, honey, maple syrup, or date sugar. You can add extra tablespoons if you have kids with a sweet tooth.
- Coconut oil/ you can use any oil of choice or melted butter.
- Milk/ substitute milk with any dairy-free milk of choice.
- Cardamom powder/ substitute with vanilla extract, cinnamon, or nutmeg.
This muffin recipe makes 12 muffins when you use a medium cupcake liner.
I hope you and your little ones like this muffin as much as we like it.
WHAT YOU NEED
2 cups[240g] flour
1 teaspoon[4g] baking powder
1 teaspoon[4g] baking soda
1/2 teaspoon[2g] cardamom
1/3 cup[75g] date paste
1/2 cup[125ml] coconut oil
1/4 milk[60ml] milk
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 Celsius. Line the muffin tin with a cupcake liner.
- In a sieve add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cardamon. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk all the wet ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients to wet gradually, and mix to incorporate. Spoon the muffin batter into the liner, and fill each liner to the top leaving a small space because the muffin is going to raise.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until you insert a skewer and it comes out clean. Allow the muffin to cool for some minutes then transfer into a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with your favorite smoothie, milk, or tea.