My new discovery is adding vegetable puree to my kid’s snack, pancake, muffin and cupcake. Getting your kids to eat the daily requirement of vegetable could be very challenging adding it to what they love makes it easier. I don’t hide or sneak veggies for them anymore each time am introducing any veggie or fruit we always talk about the nutrients and benefit of the veggie.
This delicious spinach-carrot muffin was made by my 5 years old son all I do is gather the ingredients and help with the oven. Getting the kids involve help them learn and appreciate home cooking.
This recipe uses carrot and spinach puree which is very easy to make. Boil carrot with a little amount of water and puree it, add spinach and water to a blender and puree it. Meanwhile, you can use UGU(pumpkin leave) for this recipe but you have to blanch the leave till soft before blending. Check my banana bread for delightful breakfast
Have fun by making this Healthy muffin with your lil one…
- 2 cups flour (I use buckwheat flour)
- 1/3 cup sweetener of choice (i use date sugar)
- 2 teaspoon baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of carrot and spinach puree
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the muffin tin with cupcake paper or grease muffin tin
- In a large bowl mix carrot, spinach puree, melted butter, vanilla, eggs and milk whisked together
- Place a sieve on top and add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar
- Sieve to the dry to wet ingredient and mix well
- Pour the batter into the lined cup or greased muffin tin, make it equal
- Bake for 20 minutes
NOTE: you can use whole wheat or white flour, any flour and sugar work for this recipe.