Hey lovers, happy holiday…
I am a cereal mum I can survive on it, give me cereal every morning and you will win my heart. As a teenager store-bought cereal was my thing name that cereal and I will give you the details in the box. When my first child started solid cereal is all I fed him store-bought baby cereal the first 4 months, at one year I introduce store-bought corn base cereal ( i don’t want to mention names) one of the greatest mistakes I made as a mum, because of those cereals my son has immune diseases. I remember way back in Benin Republic where we use to live his nanny advised I stop the cereals when my son was having many allergies and had a severe sinus infection.
My son’s nanny opened my eyes and mind to homemade baby cereal, I can never forget her because I learnt a lot from her. My son is one of the reasons I embarked on healthy living for my family.
In the quest of feeding my kids healthy cereal, this golden cereal comes to existence. Apart from being a healthy yummy cereal is very easy to make and the ingredients are easy to find, you can actually get all the ingredients from your pantry.
By now my mama friends know am a homemade mama, I love making baby food from scratch, in the baby food category you will see more of baby food/cereal.
I will drop the recipe of baby version soon.
Don’t just write down this recipe try it and feed me back on IG or at the comment section, you can also tag me your pics on IG
4 cups of quick cooking oat
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1 cup chopped almonds
1 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
1/2 cup sugar ( i use cane sugar)
1 cup coconut flakes
1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
1 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/180degree, line a baking tray or oil a baking dish
- Spread the oat on the baking tray or dish, put in the oven for 15 minutes
- In a dry bowl add other ingredients
- Bring out the oat after 15 minutes, add the mixed ingredient to the oat mix well to incorporate
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown, keep an eye on it cos it gets burn easily
- leave it to cool before transferring to an airtight container.
- You can use any sweetener of choice, you add 2 tablespoons of sugar if your lil ones have sweet tooth
- Use any mix-in of choice I limit mine to pumpkin seeds and almond because of that’s what I have at hand
- Shredded coconut, cardamom, coconut flakes and ginger are optional
- This recipe calls for quick cooking oat not rolled oats